Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/1/d346405182/htdocs/mangosupport/viewtopic.php on line 988

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/1/d346405182/htdocs/mangosupport/viewtopic.php on line 988
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
Leetsoft Support Forum • View topic - How to install Mango on Samsung Captivate

It is currently April 28th, 2017, 12:54 pm Advanced search

How to install Mango on Samsung Captivate

Need help with using Mango? Not sure how to use a certain feature? You can find guides and FAQs in this forum. You can also create a new thread if you need help on something not covered in the guides.

How to install Mango on Samsung Captivate

Postby Victor » October 20th, 2011, 12:27 am

The Samsung Captivate, as well as several other AT&T phones, have a security block put in place by AT&T to stop users from installing apps from sources other than the Android Market. Unfortunately, since Google has banned Mango from the Android Market, that distribution method is no longer an option for Mango.

However, it's still not impossible to install non-Market apps onto these phones, and luckily the people over at AndroidCentral.com have made a neat little program that lets you install (sideload) non-Market apps even on AT&T phones, called the "Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine".

To start, download this program: http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/and ... _Setup.exe

After you've downloaded it, double-click on the file to launch the installer.

Click the 'Next' button a few times to accept the default settings and install the program.

Once the installation finishes, open your computer's Start menu and launch the "AC_SWM" program.

Next, plug your phone into your computer. On your phone, go to the Settings menu, tap on Applications, tap Development, and finally, check the box labeled USB Debugging.
ImageImageImageImage

Now go back to your computer and click the Choose APK button and find the Mango.apk file you downloaded a little while ago (if you can't find it, just re-download it from http://mango.leetsoft.net/install-android.php).

Once you've selected the Mango.apk file, make sure to check the box labeled Update existing app (but only if you have a previous version of Mango installed, which I'm assuming you do). And finally, press Install.

A black box will appear showing the installation progress. If no errors appear, you're done! Otherwise, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I know this is a pain in the neck but sadly there's not much else I can do since Google keeps removing Mango from the Market. :/

Thanks.
Victor
Site Admin

Return to Help and FAQs